Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Issue texting with a single contact

I apologize in advance if this is a repeat post, but I have had no luck finding a post where someone had a similar issue, much less a solution.

For the past couple weeks, I have been having an issue with the messenger app when texting one person in particular. It is actually my girlfriend's text thread. When I open it, it takes 15-20 seconds to populate the text history. Then when I try to type a message, it lags terribly. Then sending takes a while. I have had no issues with any other contacts. They all operate normally. I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Global Posts
    9,662 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Issue texting with a single contact

Is your text thread with her a lot larger (as in more texts) than with other contacts? I'd imagine it is, and loading that many messages is what's causing the issue. Is deleting some of those texts (even if you had to back them up somewhere) a viable option for you?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

I'm beginning to think that may be the issue. What is the best way to back up text messages?

The only reason I dismissed that theory was because we have only been dating 4 months, and I have friends i have been texting for over a year, so i figured they would have a larger history, but maybe not. Maybe we just message each other that much, haha!

Global Posts
    9,662 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Mffl84 View Post
    I'm beginning to think that may be the issue. What is the best way to back up text messages?
    An app like SMS Backup & Restore
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pRestore&hl=en
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Thanked by: