Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LGElectronics
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Can some one for the love of God tell me how to wipe the cache partition on a lg optimus g pro e980? Tried YouTube, this forum as well as two other forums with no help and no luck. WITH DETAILED DESCRIPTION. Thank you in advance.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Default Re: Wipe cache partition on optimus g pro

LG seems to prefer making it hard to access the recovery menu. Try the steps in this video--but instead of selecting wipe data/factory reset, see if there is a wipe cache partition option in that menu.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That video is useless. Just like every other video I have came across. Thank you though.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

So do the button press combinations not result in anything? Or is there just no wipe cache partition option in the resulting menu?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Volume down and power results in factory reset with two options. press power button to confirm (factory reset) or press any other key to cancel.

Volume up and power results in the LG logo appearing twice then phone powering up like normal.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

You probably have to root the phone and install Clockworkmod custom recovery: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mmanager&hl=en. I'm not sure why some device manufacturers allow the user to get to the Recovery Menu, while others don't.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Would a factory reset wipe the cache partition?

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

I think it does, but it's also a big hassle.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I think it does, but it's also a big hassle.
    Yes, yes it is. Big time.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Hi Brad. For clarification, what are you looking to clear or delete that a factory reset won't be able to do? ^DT

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Steele View Post
    Can some one for the love of God tell me how to wipe the cache partition on a lg optimus g pro e980? Tried YouTube, this forum as well as two other forums with no help and no luck. WITH DETAILED DESCRIPTION. Thank you in advance.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I'm looking to clear the cache partition without doing a factory reset. The latest update along with every other update since purchase has made battery life worse and worse. I use to lose 10% battery over a solid hour of screen on time and that's with using YouTube, Facebook, twitch and other data and streaming heavy use apps. Now I lose over 20%. I did a factory reset after the KK update but it didn't help. My phone was perfect running jellybean. Now the E98020h software update killed the battery life and the description from AT&T said it was security improvements. Guess it's secure if it has no battery to power on. Sorry for the rant, I'm just tired of paying hundreds of dollars for bloated devices that get "force pushed" updates with no improvements.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

To clear app cache for the G Pro go to settings>general tab>storage>tap cache data>ok. Let me know if this helps. ^DT

I'm looking to clear the cache partition without doing a factory reset. The latest update along with every other update since purchase has made battery life worse and worse. I use to lose 10% battery over a solid hour of screen on time and that's with using YouTube, Facebook, twitch and other data and streaming heavy use apps. Now I lose over 20%. I did a factory reset after the KK update but it didn't help. My phone was perfect running jellybean. Now the E98020h software update killed the battery life and the description from AT&T said it was security improvements. Guess it's secure if it has no battery to power on. Sorry for the rant, I'm just tired of paying hundreds of dollars for bloated devices that get "force pushed" updates with no improvements.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC
    Rukbat likes this.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

@LGelectronics, what exactly will that do if I clear that?

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

It will clear all the cache data for your apps while keeping your personal data. ^DT

@LGelectronics, what exactly will that do if I clear that?

Lg0Gpro_2_AC
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    It will clear all the cache data for your apps while keeping your personal data. ^DT
    I did that two weeks ago. Monday I'm going to factory reset it i think. For the last week when using 4g my phone random gets hot.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

So what I'm wondering is if the process outlined by LG Electronics, does the same thing as a wipe cache partition on a Samsung device.
    Last edited by jumaurod; 10-20-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Global Posts
    3,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by jumaurod View Post
    So what I'm wondering is if the process outlined by LG Electronics, does the same thing as a wipe cache partition on a Samsung device.
    Yes. Or you can do it the same way on a Samsung as LGElectronics said to do it on an LG. It's easier that way - you don't have to restart.