Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 not charging. Micro USB charger missing pin - cause?

A

AC Question

Hi

Have a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 that was working fine until the other day. Was using it when the low battery prompt appeared. Plugged the charger in. It shows the little lightning symbol inside the battery but it wasn't actually charging (battery level slowly decreasing). Since then the battery has gone totally dead. I plugged the charger in again today to see if it would start charging and the battery unit appeared briefly on screen. The screen then flickered several times and went black.

I have tried several charger plugs (with same USB cable), different wall sockets, from laptop etc. but the unit isn't charging and is totally dead. I just looked inside the USB slot on my tablet and notice the USB slot has five golden pin socket things however the USB cable has five pin sockets but one of the golden pins is missing. Depending on what way you're locking inside the USB cable socket it's either pin four or pin two that's missing. I never looked inside the USB socket on the cable before so don't know if a pin has broken off or if it was always like this. Could this be the reason why the unit isn't charging or is it common for one pin to be missing? Unfortunately I don't have the chance to pick another USB cable up until a few days from now to check.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae