Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't send/receive MMS: HTC one m8

I have an unlocked HTC one m8 and I'm using H2O Wireless service with a SIM card. Their customer support is basically useless and I've tried tons of different APN settings but I cannot send/receive picture messages or group messages. All the other features working (texting, calling, 4G data). Can anybody help?

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Can't send/receive MMS: HTC one m8

Welcome to Android Central! Basic question--4G is on when you're trying to send or receive MMS, right?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the response! Yes 4G is on when I try to download the messages.

Posted via the Android Central App

Is wi-fi on as well? It shouldn't happen, but sometimes if both wi-fi and mobile data are on, the wi-fi trumps the mobile data and prevents MMS from being sent or received.

Additionally, have you checked your APN settings against the ones they list on their website? https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainC...taManualConfig Go into Settings,More,Mobile Networks,Access Point Names and see if what's there for h2o matches what you see with that link. Let us know how it goes.

I had the exact same issue with my HTC One, which started out of the blue. The only caveat is that I have the first generation and NOT the M8, but this may still help you. Go to Settings>Power and Locate "Fast boot" option and uncheck that box. Completely shutdown the phone, and then power it back on.

Hope this helps.