HTC ONE Game request to main screen

A

AC Question

Hi Hope somebody can help. Since Saturday i have been getting Game Adverts sent to my homescreen and do not know how or what has changed. When i see the advert the only option it gives is to Skip the Ad in the top left hand corner. These adverts are for games such similar that appear on facebook yet i clicked on one of them just to see what happens and then it says to install it through Google Play. I just need to know what has caused the change for these adverts to appear. They appear at any time even if i am not using my phone and it is in screen saver mode. Is it to do with facebook or google? Many many thanks.
Ian

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! They are almost certainly due to adware that came with some app you installed (most likely a game). You could try installing something like Lookout's Ad-Network Scanner & Detector. You'll need to find the app that has the adware and uninstall it. You might want to check the reviews on Google Play of the various games you've installed to see if anyone else has complained about adware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae