Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
08-19-2014 11:02 AM
13 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default sd card not shown on my phone

hello all i connect my phone to pc through usb cable(mass storage) and copy a file from sd card to computer then i remove usb cable and did not turn off the option usb mass storage and after this my sd card not works

Default Re: sd card not shown on my phone

Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? Go to Settings>Storage; do you see the external SD card listed? If not, tap "Mount" if you see it.

If your phone is connected as a USB Mass Storage device, always make sure you "Eject" it from Windows before disconnecting. If you just unplug the phone without selecting Eject, and if the computer is in the process of writing something to the phone, you might corrupt the file or the storage.

i check settings>storage but there is no option (Mount) shows and externel sd card not listed please help sir

Remove the SD card and insert it again into your phone. Does it register? If not, remove the SD card and insert it into your computer using a fullsize SD adapter (very cheap to buy if you don't have one already). Does the computer see it? If not, it might have been damaged if you didn't properly eject the phone from Windows. You could try running chkdsk to see if there are any bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html

i have checked in my computer the sd card shows and in my phone the sd card dont shows the message appears in my phone (prepraing phone storage checking for errors

Ok, did you run chkdsk on the SD card while it was in your computer?

yes i have run chkdsk in my computer but no errors were found in checkdsk

now what should i do

and the message shows in my notification bar is ( preparing phone storage checking for errors ) and now my camera is not working,my gallery is not working and when i open the gallery or camera it says please insert the sd card or preparing sd card ihave also factory data reset my phone but sd card still not work

What phone do you have? Is the camera still not working after the factory reset? Have you tried any other SD card? The phone's hardware or firmware might be defective, or something you installed might be the problem. Booting into Safe Mode would be a useful test. Wiping the system cache partition might also be useful. But we need to know which device you have first.

i have qmobile noir a700 after reset still camera not works and message appears that insert sd card i have also try another sd card but still same problem

when i open the camera application it says that insert the sd card but i have inserted the sd card in phone

if my phone hardware or firmware defective then what should i do plz help

At this point, you either need to contact the store where you got the phone, or the phone's manufacturer: Contact Us - QMobile Pakistan. I don't think I can help you further, sorry!