Whaat is making my "Easy Viewer" screw up all the time?

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
When it works it is great but now it is almost every day and several times a day now that it does not work. I get errors such as "Unfortunately Easy Viewer has stopped" and it also tells me that I have to restart "Easy Viewer". Every time I use the contact list, it silences my ringer. If I reboot, it still does it. I have not loaded in anything since I loaded this and it is the only app I have installed. After I D*** around with it for a while, it works reliably. I go to start a call and it tells me that it cannot verify some information or something. I try again and it works.

Do I need to find a better dialer than this or one that is easier to read than the one that comes with the phone?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about that...
The phone is the Moto G and yes, Easy Viewer is an App.

Have you tried clearing the cache for that app?
Go to settings > apps > all and find Easy Viewer. Open that and clear cache, not data as that will erase any settings you may have.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I had to try a few times to open EV but finally did. I tapped the three vertical dots but found no option to reset cache. Is/was there some other way to do this?

When I was in there, it did prompt me if I wanted to disable DTMF. Forget what DTMF means, I was prompted to hit a check or an X. Either option could mean that I want to defeat it, no? Cannot they simply say "Disable" or "Not Disable"? How stupid is that? It would not let me escape unless I it one so I reset the phone.

I believe I did reset the cache for the whole phone when I was trying to figure out why it keeps on turning off my ringer. Of course, it has no effect.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, that system update is supposed to clear out app cache, so I suppose that's a good alternative.
If you are still unable to get it to work, I'd email the developer and ask if it's a common problem. In the meantime, you can find another app with similar functionality.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, that system update is supposed to clear out app cache, so I suppose that's a good alternative.
If you are still unable to get it to work, I'd email the developer and ask if it's a common problem. In the meantime, you can find another app with similar functionality.

I had thought of that and am still considering but since someone here had suggested the software I figured that someone would have seen the same problems. (Still hoping...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995