Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whaat is making my "Easy Viewer" screw up all the time?

When it works it is great but now it is almost every day and several times a day now that it does not work. I get errors such as "Unfortunately Easy Viewer has stopped" and it also tells me that I have to restart "Easy Viewer". Every time I use the contact list, it silences my ringer. If I reboot, it still does it. I have not loaded in anything since I loaded this and it is the only app I have installed. After I D*** around with it for a while, it works reliably. I go to start a call and it tells me that it cannot verify some information or something. I try again and it works.

Do I need to find a better dialer than this or one that is easier to read than the one that comes with the phone?
    Sent from my Four Speed, Dual Quad, Posi-Traction, 409.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Whaat is making my "Easy Viewer" screw up all the time?

What device are you using? Is easy viewer an app you downloaded or a feature built into it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    What device are you using? Is easy viewer an app you downloaded or a feature built into it?

Sorry about that...
    The phone is the Moto G and yes, Easy Viewer is an App.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Emerogork View Post
    Sorry about that...
    The phone is the Moto G and yes, Easy Viewer is an App.
    Have you tried clearing the cache for that app?
    Go to settings > apps > all and find Easy Viewer. Open that and clear cache, not data as that will erase any settings you may have.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I had to try a few times to open EV but finally did. I tapped the three vertical dots but found no option to reset cache. Is/was there some other way to do this?

When I was in there, it did prompt me if I wanted to disable DTMF. Forget what DTMF means, I was prompted to hit a check or an X. Either option could mean that I want to defeat it, no? Cannot they simply say "Disable" or "Not Disable"? How stupid is that? It would not let me escape unless I it one so I reset the phone.

I believe I did reset the cache for the whole phone when I was trying to figure out why it keeps on turning off my ringer. Of course, it has no effect.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Hmm, that system update is supposed to clear out app cache, so I suppose that's a good alternative.
    If you are still unable to get it to work, I'd email the developer and ask if it's a common problem. In the meantime, you can find another app with similar functionality.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Hmm, that system update is supposed to clear out app cache, so I suppose that's a good alternative.
    If you are still unable to get it to work, I'd email the developer and ask if it's a common problem. In the meantime, you can find another app with similar functionality.

I had thought of that and am still considering but since someone here had suggested the software I figured that someone would have seen the same problems. (Still hoping...)