Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Samsung s3 Stuck on loading screen - Have tried everything!

I've been reading other posts because I see that this is a common problem for this phone. Let me first explain what happened before the problem started. I tried to do a factory reset because I've replaced my personal phone and had promised my kids that they could have my s3 and I would load games on it for them. I did the reset, and when the phone restarted, it took me to a strange screen that I didn't recognize (I know NOW that it was the recovery screen.) Confused, I just pulled the battery and tried to restart it. Now, this is what happens:

Push the power button, phone vibrates, Samsung screen, samsung galaxy s3 screen, samsung screen again, t-mobile 4g screen, and then back to the samsung screen with the pulsing blue light behind it. It will stay like that until the battery dies.

I now know what the recovery screen looks like because I followed one of the troubleshooting flows on a similar site. The phone would not start in safe mode, but would go in recovery mode. I cleared the cache, tried another data reset, and every time I rebooted, the same thing happened (stuck on samsung screen), and it still will not start. I found this site, and followed the instructions to download Kies on my desktop, and after getting everything set for that (phone entered download mode just fine) I entered the information it asked for (model and s/n) It downloaded the firmware just fine, but then an error message came while it was 'preparing for firmware upgrade' that reads "This device's version cannot be updated."

So I am completely stumped. It isn't the end of the world if the phone is just flat out busted, but I feel badly after giving my word to my kids and now having a phone they can't use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Original Poster, wanted to add some more info

I also tried switching out the battery - my husband's phone is an s3 and it works great. I switched out the batteries, and my phone still wouldn't turn on with his battery, and his would still turn on with mine. So I know that it's not the battery causing this problem