Icon Issues

A

AC Question

So I downloaded this game from the Play Store on my Nook HD Color (Doctor Who: Legacy) and when it updated I noticed in the pop up thing (not the tabletop) there were two icons for the game. I hadn't played the game fore a while anyway so I decided I would uninstall it to get the icons to go away. After I uninstalled it one of the icons was still there. I tried restarting my device and looking through the files to see if I could find what is causing it but nothing helps. This is as I said in the tray thing so I cant hold it and drag it down to delete it. I am not tech savvy either so I can't go to the programming of the device or anything like that. How do I get that icon to go away?

Another thing that may or may not help is if I put it on the home screen and touch it it opens the Nook Store which immediately crashes when opened through that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the Nook, but you should be able to drag anything from the tray to the desktop (long-press it, then when it changes how it looks, drag it). Once it's on the desktop, long-pressing it may bring up a menu that includes "Remove" and "Uninstall" (it depends on which launcher you're running), or you can just drag it to the X, or however the Nook's launcher deletes desktop icons. (But you said that you CAN put it on the desktop [from where it runs the Nook store unsuccessfully], so I'm confused. ["Desktop" refers to the part of the homescreen above the tray. "Homescreen" is the user interface of the launcher, consisting of the desktop and the tray (or "Dock").])

One thing is that if it brings up the Nook Store, you DO NOT want to uninstall whatever app it's running. Deleting the icon just removes the icon, it doesn't remove the app. If the app is pointing to the wrong place in the Nook store app, and you uninstall the pp that the icon is connected to, you'd be removing part or all of the Nook store app, which wouldn't be a good thing.

Brandon_Ray

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
All long pressing it does is give me the option remove from tabletop and remove from home (home means it will remove it from a scrolling bar where icons are above some allotted desktop space).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay