Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy Tab 2 model number correct?

Hello, I'm trying to find a replacement digitizer for my friend. And the model number that he gave me is P5210.
    Everywhere I searched online only brings me to the Galaxy Tab 3 and not 2. Is there an error on his end or is there a Galaxy Tab 2 with that model number?
    I found a replacement digitizer on Amazon for the P5210, but it also says its for the 3 and not the 2. Could anyone clear this up for me?
    Thanks.

Global Posts
    23,802 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 2 model number correct?

A 5110 is a 10" tab 2. Is that what he has?

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Well he verified the model number as gt-p5210. He threw away all documentation and doesn't know if its a 2 or a 3. I wouldn't know how to identify it either unless theres a marking on the device? I don't have an Android tablet so...
    Anyways, we're just gonna assume its the 3 because of the model number and order that particular part.
    Thanks.

Global Posts
    9,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by centand View Post
    Well he verified the model number as gt-p5210. He threw away all documentation and doesn't know if its a 2 or a 3. I wouldn't know how to identify it either unless theres a marking on the device? I don't have an Android tablet so...
    Anyways, we're just gonna assume its the 3 because of the model number and order that particular part.
    Thanks.
    Let us know how the replacement goes.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    23,802 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Probably the only marking on the device is the model number. The only way I can think of to ID it as a 2 or 3, is to boot the device. You said you have to replace the digitizer; can you see anything on the screen?

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Probably the only marking on the device is the model number. The only way I can think of to ID it as a 2 or 3, is to boot the device. You said you have to replace the digitizer; can you see anything on the screen?
    Yeah, he says the screen is cracked, but otherwise he can still use it. He says thats how he gave me the model number. Does it say somewhere in the settings if its a 2 or a 3?
    I'm just conversing with him through email cause we live a ways from each other. I won't see him until he gets all the parts in.
    With all that said, and looking at youtube videos, I assume it is the digitizer thats busted? Cause he said its just the outside glass thats cracked.