Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 Weak WI-FI signal (external aux antenna)

So I bought a note 2 from a friend but i do not seem to get very good wifi signal. It works fine if im in my room next to the router but as soon as i step out i either get disconnected or lose the wifi signal. I took it to a cell phone repair shop and they told me that I should look for an external antenna that connects to the aux port. He said that, that could boost my wifi signal but i can't seem to find it.

So could someone help me find this Aux Antenna?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Note 2 Weak WI-FI signal (external aux antenna)

Welcome to AC
    Are you having the same issue with other devices when connecting to WiFi? If so, it is your router causing the problems and not the phone.
    As for improving connection, you can look for WiFi repeaters or signal boosters on eBay, Amazon, etc. They're fairly easy to find
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm not having any other issues connecting to my wifi using other devices. I have my ps3, ps4, tv, and laptop connected to my wifi, i also used to have a galaxy s3 and that one seemed to connect to my wifi router without any problems. Also when i have friends over their phones connect to wifi and stay connected even when we go to my basement they still get 2-3 bars but my phone doesn't even connect.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by captain-penguins View Post
    I'm not having any other issues connecting to my wifi using other devices. I have my ps3, ps4, tv, and laptop connected to my wifi, i also used to have a galaxy s3 and that one seemed to connect to my wifi router without any problems. Also when i have friends over their phones connect to wifi and stay connected even when we go to my basement they still get 2-3 bars but my phone doesn't even connect.
    Hmm. So it is most likely an issue with the Note. You said it works well when you have good signal strength, so getting a Wi-Fi repeater installed could help with the range issue.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Would updating my phone help with this issue?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Would updating my phone help with this issue?
    If there is an update it's worth a try, but if it's a hardware issue the update won't do anything.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Alright, thanks a bunch for the help!

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Alright, thanks a bunch for the help!
    No problem
    Let me know if there is an update and whether or not it helped.