Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By jtmoy
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 will not connect to internet

I've had the device for about 2 weeks now and had no problems until today. All of a sudden I can't get online. I reset my router and all other devices at home are connecting, but not my Tab 4. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 will not connect to internet

What happens when you actually try to connect to the internet? Are you at least able to connect to your WiFi network?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, I am connected to my WiFi network and all other devices I have are able to get online, just not this Tab 4.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by jtmoy View Post
    Yes, I am connected to my WiFi network and all other devices I have are able to get online, just not this Tab 4.
    What happens when you try to load something? Does it just say that it has no internet connection?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, it says "No network connection." But when I check the wireless settings, they indicate connection. I've reset the router and powered down the device and then turned it back on again. That process usually helps when my Kindle Fire can't connect, but it doesn't with this Tab 4.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by jtmoy View Post
    Yes, it says "No network connection." But when I check the wireless settings, they indicate connection. I've reset the router and powered down the device and then turned it back on again. That process usually helps when my Kindle Fire can't connect, but it doesn't with this Tab 4.
    And nothing whatsoever works? Apps that use the internet? Play store?

May I suggest this guide, in case you haven't tried all the tips in there: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Posted via Android Central App
    UJ95x likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Right. Can't get Play Store or use apps. Weather report is stuck on two days ago.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for the link to the troubleshooting guide. I tried to "forget" my WiFi network as it suggests, but that didn't correct the problem either, unfortunately.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It was a router issue all along, I think. I took my Tab 4 to work today and was able to connect to the internet there with no problem. When I got home, I fussed with my router some more and now my Tab 4 can get online again. What confuses me is that none of the other devices at home were unable to connect, only the Tab 4. But, anyway, problem solved for now. Thanks.
    B. Diddy and UJ95x like this.

That's not unusual. I wish I was technical enough to explain why, but I'm not--just glad it works!
    UJ95x likes this.