Samsung S3 screen not responding to touch
Out for a run today got caught in rain, phone was in fanny pack did not get visibly wet.
Opened it after running home saw moisture in back of phone and had some error messages
invalid SD and SIM cards. I took SIM card and SD and Battery out placed all and the phone
in bag of rice for 4-5 hours. It helped except that I have no access to
touch screen. I have received messages, and emails so I can tell my SIM card is ok. I have no error messages
regards to SD card either just can't "unlock" with swipe
any advice? will more time in the rice help?
- 08-19-2014, 05:40 PM #2
Re: Samsung S3 screen not responding to touch
It's worth a shot putting it in the rice for longer periods of time. If that doesn't work, the water may just have gotten to some vital internal components that affect touch screen usage. If that is the case, then you'd have to replace your device."We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- By Tim Bliznik in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 08-26-2014, 08:26 PM
- By rbuce in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 11Last Post: 08-20-2014, 11:05 PM
- By jtmoy in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 08-20-2014, 06:09 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 08-19-2014, 06:01 PM
- By adanac33 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 05:30 PM