What is a safe Min. clock freq for my sony xperia s?

A

AC Question

I recently rooted my phone and i downloaded a cpu control app. The max freq is 1.512 GHz. I was wondering what is a safe min freq for my phone. I dont want to destroy my phone. Thanks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you having battery issues on your device? Is there a specific reason why you want to change the frequency at which the phone operates?
Messing with that is dangerous, so I'd also recommend making a nandroid backup before you try anything.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have no battery problems. My phone has been running very slow and has been lagging a lot. I want to give it a boost and make it run a bit smoother.

Has it always been lagging like that?
There are easier things you can try, that don't have to do with making changes to the hardware. I'd suggest those before doing any over/underclocking.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

angy-boyd

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
It has been slow for the past month. I have tried many things to speed it up but nothing has really worked. Sony have announced that there will be no more official updates for my phone, so no fixing the speed issues. I looked up over clocking and many people have said it works great when used properly (not over clocking to much)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It has been slow for the past month. I have tried many things to speed it up but nothing has really worked. Sony have announced that there will be no more official updates for my phone, so no fixing the speed issues. I looked up over clocking and many people have said it works great when used properly (not over clocking to much)

Have you looked into custom ROMs?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not really. I had a quick search and theres not really much out there because my phones quite old and not as popular as others.

Hmm. In that case, yeah, I'd look into overclocking. Have you looked at the threads you were talking about and seeing what is the frequency they use?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No I havent

Posted via the Android Central App

I'd see if any of those threads are still active and ask what frequency they overclocked it to. Not many people here do that kind of thing, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a satisfactory answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie