Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default LG G2 phone will not load past verison logo, I need pics and videos off

My phone keeps reloading to the Verizon logo, I need to get pics and videos off of my families last visit with my father in law, he has stage 4 cancer. These are very important, before I send back to Verizon. I have tried holding the power and volume buttons in various ways, plugged into usb on computer and it says mtp driver failed. I need help, could Verizon get them off the internal drive somwhow? Help!! Thanks

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: LG G2 phone will not load past verison logo, I need pics and videos off

Are you able to boot into recovery mode at all?
    Unfortunately if you are unable to boot up the device, you will not be able to retrieve the photos.
    In the future, you can use something like Google + or Dropbox to automatically backup your photos.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: LG G2 phone will not load past verison logo, I need pics and videos off

He do you get into recovery mode? And the what? Thanks

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by momabbyf View Post
    Found a guide for booting into recovery mode for the LG G2: http://www.android.gs/how-to-enter-r...mode-on-lg-g2/

If you are able to get in, scroll down to wipe the cache partition. There might be a bug with your phone when booting up, so it's possible that will get it to turn on again.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by momabbyf View Post
    Yea try to get into recovery. is the phone rooted how did it end up in this stage now?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My phone keeps reloading to the Verizon logo, I need to get pics and videos off of my families last visit with my father in law, he has stage 4 cancer. These are very important, before I send back to Verizon. I have tried holding the power and volume buttons in various ways, plugged into usb on computer and it says mtp driver failed. I need help, could Verizon get them off the internal drive somwhow? Help!! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    Yea try to get into recovery. is the phone rooted how did it end up in this stage now?
    And if you can get into recovery mode, do you have a nandroid backup on your phone?

jrc2
    Sent from my T-Mobile S2 using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by jrc2 View Post
    And if you can get into recovery mode, do you have a nandroid backup on your phone?

jrc2
    That's only if he's rooted 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    That's only if he's rooted 😁
    I know. Would it be possible to do an adb pull from the boot animation?

jrc2

Quote Originally Posted by jrc2 View Post
    I know. Would it be possible to do an adb pull from the boot animation?

jrc2
    Not if it have a hardware failure but If its a root failure then maybe.

I know that someone brought a broken phone and their new phone into the tmobile store and they were able to get pictures off of it and onto the new phone.

jrc2