Going into call back service if unused for 5 hrs
I have a galaxy S4 GT 1950 for a number of months now with no problems, but in the last three weeks if I do not make a call for between 4 to 6 hrs then anyone who calls me get my voicemail/call back service. I get no notification of missed calls until I go and make a call to someone, then I get a notification of a missed call(s). Using the phone for email, Viber, Line or Internet during those 5 hrs of not calling with the service provider is no problem, but unless I use the service provider every 4 to 6 hrs, then anyone call on my service provider number gets my voicemail. The phone thinks its either busy or unreachable. My service provider says it is a Samsung Problem, what do you think?
- 08-20-2014, 01:22 AM #2
Re: Going into call back service if unused for 5 hrs
Welcome to Android Central! That's very odd. I would have guessed a network issue as well. A few things to try:
1. Go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/More/Mobile Networks, and make sure it's set to the proper network (e.g., LTE/CDMA or GSM).
2. Make sure you don't have any battery saving features or apps turned on that might be messing with the cell radio.
3. Consider asking your provider for a new SIM card.
4. Try booting into Safe Mode, and stay in that mode for a few hours to see if the problem recurs. If it doesn't, something you installed might be the culprit. Steps are at the bottom of this article: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744
5. Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition (also in that article above).
Posted via Android Central App
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 15Last Post: 04-16-2016, 12:03 PM
- By Seeker4 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 08-22-2014, 06:00 AM
- By ejcrossl in forum VerizonReplies: 3Last Post: 08-21-2014, 03:03 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:49 PM
- By atomarchio in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2014, 09:10 PM