Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy S4 Active (Hardware?) Problem

Hi there,

A few months ago I bought a used Galaxy S4 Active from my friend. The screen was/is shattered (not sure if that matters), but otherwise the phone worked perfectly. About a week ago, I had my phone on my lap and clicked the home screen to check the time. Then, when I went to use my phone again, it was all of a sudden completely dead even though the battery had about 50-75% charge. No matter what I did (take the battery out, put it back in, try another charging port, clean the charging port, etc) the phone wouldn't turn back on at all and no LED lights on the front even show that my phone recognizes when it is plugged into the charger, my laptop, etc. I figured it was a battery problem so I ordered a new battery and put it into my phone, but this made no difference and my phone still doesn't turn on at all or show (literally any) sign of functioning -- even the blue/red LED light doesn't come on at all. I've also tried (multiple times) the reset by holding the home, volume + and power button, and it does nothing.

Any ideas what the heck is going on with it/how to fix it? Just graduated from college and $$ is super tight so I'm trying hard to get this phone working again instead of having pay for another.

Thanks!

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Active (Hardware?) Problem

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but that doesn't sound good. My guess would be some failure of the motherboard or other crucial component. You could try keeping it plugged in to a wall outlet overnight without disturbing it, then trying to power back on the next day, perhaps holding the button down for 15-20 seconds.

Posted via Android Central App