Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus G (E975) screen problem

The phone screen is having random auto touch repeatedly. It clicks into apps randomly and keeps clicking in. The phone could hardly be used.

The repairman at service center diagnosed it as screen problem, but he was uncertain. The problem might persist after screen replacement.

Much appreciated if anyone could point out the root cause and suggest any solution. Thank you.

Since this is my first thread, I'm unable to post a link here. I've recorded the problem in youtube with the title: Defective screen LG Optimus G (E975)

Default Re: LG Optimus G (E975) screen problem

Welcome to Android Central! I agree, it's probably a problem with the digitizer. But make sure the screen is completely clean, since various kinds of gunk might cause some screen issues. Also, are you using a screen protector? See what happens if you remove it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I do not use screen protector. I've tried to clean the screen yet the problem still there . The auto touch is very persistent on the area at the middle of digitizer, instead of a particular point.

Yeah, that sounds like a hardware defect.