turn off or disable option not working

P

paramjot090

Hey guys, so I was messing around on my galaxy s5, and I decided to go into applications-all- and tried to turn off or disable my magazine. But I noticed that option was gray and not clickable. I have my magazine disable from home screen, but I was wondering why I cannot disable or turn off applications? I tried to look at some other Android built in applications, and say I was unable to disable or turn them off as well. I can Uninstall, install apps, but cannot turn off or disable. The turn off option is Grayed out. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all preinstalled apps can be Disabled. If you want to freeze it, you could root your phone. Rooting also allows you to delete system or bloatware apps, but do this with caution, and backup everything first, because one wrong move and you're stuck with an inert brick.

paramjot090

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know about root and I know some cannot be disabled. But I was not even able to disable my magazine which Is an application that anyone can turn off or disable. I was just wondering why on my galaxy s5 I am not able to do so.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and see if there are any apps besides Android Device Manager listed there. Maybe there's an app that has Device Administrator privileges that is preventing you from disabling anything.