Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Adrian_Salinas
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help

I encrypted my phone decrypted it and it doesn't let me change the password to the Pattern but I dont know how can someone help?

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Please help

Welcome to Android Central! How did you decrypt your phone? I thought that phone encryption was irreversible, unless you do a full factory reset. What phone do you have?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and after I encrypted it I whent back to the settings to try to change the password setting to the latter lock but I couldn't all it said was decrypt

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Pettern not latter

Yeah, phone encryption means you have to unlock with a password or PIN--no pattern or slide unlocks. And as far as I know, encryption is irreversible.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the help I didn't know it was irreversible il just stick with the password

Just curious--did you encrypt it yourself, or did the phone come encrypted? Is it provided by your work? There's usually no compelling reason to encrypt your personal phone unless you have some very sensitive material stored on it. I have read posts where people have complained about encryption causing a small but perceptible decrease in performance.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I encrypted it myself i was curious about it and by then I couldn't cancel if or anything so I just went along with it i ended coming here for help

Well, at least you know you have a really secure phone!

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Haha yes thank you again for the help

B. Diddy likes this.