Google Play Store crashing, help!

shaheemie

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Google Play Store is now crashing on me. I have it set where it does not automatically download any updates for my apps, I manually go in and update them. For the past few weeks, Google Play has been crashing on me. The app opens up fine, until I try to open the side menu to reach my apps and other settings, and it stops working immediately. However I can access my apps when I receive a notification from Google Play. This small workaround was fine but it's been annoying. So here's what I've attempted the past hour:

I have cleared the cache and data for Google Play Store and Services and no luck. Now stuck with original settings and I hate it. Also checked my Downloads Manager and it is enabled. Help?? I just want access to my apps and settings and other options on the Google Play Store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you posted about this before? I've seen at least one other post about the same issue, so I'm wondering if it's isolated or more widespread. Which phone do you have? What version of Google Play Store is installed? Have you tried wiping the system cache partition (different from the app cache)?

Michela Bertelli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm having the same identical problem. The phone is an LG P-500 with Android 4.1.2. If I uninstall the Play Store update from 4.9.13 to 4.0.25 then it works ok, until it automatically updates again. As the other person says, the app opens fine but when you go to the menu on the top left, it crashes with an error message. I also tried resetting the phone but the problem returns as soon as Play Store updates to the new version. My other phone which uses Android 4.1.1. has no problems with Play Store.

shaheemie

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
As described by the other poster, I uninstalled the updates and it worked fine, but the Play Store updated and it is back to not working.

I have an LG Lucid 2 with Google Play 4.9.13, and I don't know how to clear the system cache parition.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LG phones usually don't let you get to the Recovery Menu, so I don't think I can help you do a cache partition wipe. I would contact Google Play support and let them know about this issue. Go to this site, and click on the Contact Us button at the upper right.

shaheemie

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Update:

I worked with a Google representative on this issue. We did several things involved clearing more cache and data, lots of phone restarts. One option I couldn't do on my phone was change the date and time to something incorrect, which we couldn't go further with that possible solution because my phone cannot do that. I signed out of Hangouts five times, tried again, no success. Removed my Google account, readded, restarted phone, no success.

Essentially the last option was to do a factory reset on my phone. Which I honestly would rather avoid, unless this problem becomes unbearable. Nice thing was the representative was easy to work with over Chat. Hopefully there's an update for the app soon to solve this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21