What tablet is this and how can i unbrick it?

crackruckles

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys ive been handed a tablet that doesnt boot and has no recovery rom and to make matters worse i have no clue what it is so any help would be great.

devopinc. c o m /front.jpg
devopinc. c o m /back.jpg

sorry about the link being scattered i apparently needed to post 10 times before i can put a link in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If this is some generic off-brand tablet direct from China, it can be pretty much impossible to determine any brand or model from the outside. You could consider popping off the back and seeing if there are any labels inside, but that still doesn't guarantee that you'll know the model.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can actually get to the Recovery Menu? I thought you meant it wouldn't even turn on. I don't know much about rooting and ROMing, so I can't give you good info there. But if you're at the Recovery Menu, have you tried wiping the cache partition?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At that screen, try pressing and holding the Vol Down button, then tap the Power button, and release both at the same time. If that doesn't work, try the Vol Up button instead of Vol Down.