Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default LG G3 Will not turn on or charge

This phone is basically brand new, I bought it maybe a week ago, and already I can't turn it on. I woke up and checked it,saw that it had a good amount of battery, fell asleep, and found it like this.

Has anyone else encountered this with the G3? Holding the power button doesn't work and neither does taking out the battery.

It hasn't been damaged ever, so I'm really very confused as to what I should do.

Default Re: LG G3 Will not turn on or charge

Welcome to Android Central! Don't waste any time and bring it back to your wireless store, asking them for a replacement while you can. Otherwise, you may have to contact LG for warranty replacement or repair.

It's always possible the battery was defective and failed. If you wanted to, you could try a new battery, but again, I wouldn't waste any time since you probably have a return window that is closing soon.

Yeah,you shouldn't waste any time since you probably have a return window that is closing soon. Just asking for a replacement of the phone.

Hi. When plugged into the charger do you see any LED notification lights at the top? Also, if you have access to another battery or charger please try that and see if it works. Otherwise, please visit your local wireless store for an exchange. ^DT

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    This phone is basically brand new, I bought it maybe a week ago, and already I can't turn it on. I woke up and checked it,saw that it had a good amount of battery, fell asleep, and found it like this.

Has anyone else encountered this with the G3? Holding the power button doesn't work and neither does taking out the battery.

It hasn't been damaged ever, so I'm really very confused as to what I should do.

I have the same issue. I noticed it disconnected from my gwatch so checked the phone which was in my pocket and it was dead, plenty of battery left, will not turn on no matter what I do. Checked the battery at the AT&T store on a demo, no issues with the battery. Heading to the AT&T warranty center this morning.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Had the same problem today and the phone is 6 days old ugh! I should have gone for an apple

Mine has burned(literally) the car charger, and its now is offline for good, (although it was on for like a hour after the incident)