LG G3 Will not turn on or charge

A

AC Question

This phone is basically brand new, I bought it maybe a week ago, and already I can't turn it on. I woke up and checked it,saw that it had a good amount of battery, fell asleep, and found it like this.

Has anyone else encountered this with the G3? Holding the power button doesn't work and neither does taking out the battery.

It hasn't been damaged ever, so I'm really very confused as to what I should do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Don't waste any time and bring it back to your wireless store, asking them for a replacement while you can. Otherwise, you may have to contact LG for warranty replacement or repair.

It's always possible the battery was defective and failed. If you wanted to, you could try a new battery, but again, I wouldn't waste any time since you probably have a return window that is closing soon.

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. When plugged into the charger do you see any LED notification lights at the top? Also, if you have access to another battery or charger please try that and see if it works. Otherwise, please visit your local wireless store for an exchange. ^DT

This phone is basically brand new, I bought it maybe a week ago, and already I can't turn it on. I woke up and checked it,saw that it had a good amount of battery, fell asleep, and found it like this.

Has anyone else encountered this with the G3? Holding the power button doesn't work and neither does taking out the battery.

It hasn't been damaged ever, so I'm really very confused as to what I should do.

rbertoni

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I noticed it disconnected from my gwatch so checked the phone which was in my pocket and it was dead, plenty of battery left, will not turn on no matter what I do. Checked the battery at the AT&T store on a demo, no issues with the battery. Heading to the AT&T warranty center this morning.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone does nothing, with a battery or without, with the charger plugged in or not, that's called a hard brick (as opposed to a soft brick that might be bootlooping, or not getting past the logo or even the buttons flashing on and then off). It really needs a good repair shop when that happens, because a JTAG device might be the only thing that will bring it back to life (assuming that there are no hardware problems inside, like a blown motherboard).

If the phone is a week old, bring it back for a replacement. The replacement warranty is something you paid for (it's part of the price of the phone). If you wait more than 2 weeks (with most carriers) you'll get a refurbished phone, but after only 1 week, you can usually talk them into giving you a new one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is under warranty (the G3 should be), bring it to the carrier for a repair or replace. (The price of that warranty is part of the price of the phone. You paid for it so you're entitled to it - they're not doing you a favor. be nice anyway.)

Why do someone else's work without getting paid? (It's ultimately LG's responsibility to fix the phone, it's their warranty.)

redswan

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I watched my turn off last night, like it was rebooting. Would not come back on. Removed battery several times, tried charging with different chargers, no light no nothing. Hard brick. mine is 4 months old

reese87

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the same phone but my phone will no longer charge. I can put my charger into my tablet and it charges it just fine but my phone will not charge. What could be the problem or what can I do?

Usitha Ranae

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the same symptoms..
it did not charge..no LED..phone was off...even after leaving it for around half hour.
Take off the battery,
then plug the phone without the battery,
your screen should light up,
now put it the battery,
now it should indicate the battery charging.
worked for me... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs