Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Jellybean DialPad

When you are on an active call, you can use the settings menu to open the DialPad. You can type a number into the dial pad while in the call.

My question is, how do you get back to that number (dialpad) when you terminate the current call? I can't find any way to get back to it.

I had to stop the car, call back and write the number down using pen and paper, VERY irritating.

Default Re: Jellybean DialPad

Welcome to Android Central! So were you trying to enter a number that you wanted to remember, or was this an additional touchtone code you had to enter during the call, like a PIN?

If you wanted to enter a number to remember, I suggest tapping the Home key (while on your call), then opening an app like Google Keep, and entering the number there as a memo. Obviously, don't do this while you're driving--but you also wouldn't want to be searching for the settings menu to open the keypad and enter a number while you're driving, either.

I called directory enquiries, their text facility was down so they read out the number to me which I typed into the DialPad. I finished the call and then tried to find the dialpad again with the number. I was stopped, but in a place that wasn't really suitable so I had to move...

I have notepad that I can use, but the Phone app really should have some means of typing in a number to use later...

Next time, try this--while talking on the phone, type in the number using the Dialer keypad. Then long-press the completed number, and tap on the Copy icon (as in Copy & Paste). This will copy the number into the clipboard. When you need to access it, just paste it from the clipboard back into the Dialer. Of course, you'd have to remember that it's in your clipboard, because if you subsequently copy something else into the clipboard, that number will be replaced.