Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andy Hope
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default IP address conflict with other home device

Hey there. I connected my AT&T LG G2 to my home network, and the IP address defaulted to 192.168.0.2, same as my TV. I read that you can force a static IP address, but that only seems to be for the wireless file transfer thing. True or not? Either way, I tried entering a static ip, but then it wouldn't save - the "Save" button stayed grayed out. I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but what?!

Default Re: IP address conflict with other home device

Welcome to Android Central! That really shouldn't be happening. Does the TV connect via static IP or DHCP? Do you know what the IP range of your router is? If the range is too narrow, and you have a lot of devices that have ever connected, then you might have run out of IP addresses to use. Log into your router's settings (from your computer browser--see the router manual if you don't know how), and check its IP range. Make sure it isn't too narrow, like 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.10. Make it pretty broad, like up to 192.168.0.50.

My range is pretty broad already - I have 17 unique IPs assigned, though not all of them are connected at one time. I'm not sure if the telly is dynamic or static, but it's always connected and never changes from .2 as far as I know.

What happens if you disconnect the TV from the network, connect your G2, then reconnect the TV? Do they still conflict?

I'll try that later and let you know one way or the other. Thanks for your replies.

Did that, and now I'm good. Thanks again.
    B. Diddy likes this.