Galaxy S4 No Stock Dialer/Contacts

A

AC Question

Okay, yet another problem with this Galaxy s4

The stock dialer and apps is just gone, haha. Seriously I even did a factory reset and they are gone. I cant find any help on the internet. I cannot make a call unless I get some app from the store. I tried EXDialer, but I need the stock contacts app for it to work

This phone is a friggin nightmare.

Why is my stock dialer/contacts app missing even after a FACTORY RESET?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked in settings > apps > all?
If it's gone, you're going to have to flash a stock ROM to get it back.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I looked in settings >application manager > all. Nothing there.

I have just factory reset this thing three times in the last 20 mins, and my stock Dialer or Contacts is not there. I even tried factory resetting it with a fresh e-mail.

I don't know if I got an update over the past few days. I have only had this phone for a week and a half and it's made me want to pull my hair out.

It's a Galaxy s4. Took me DAYS to finally get the piece of junk to send and recieve MMS, now this. I am so sorry to complain guys, but this is so very frustrating.

LOL, like how do I make a call? I cant even use ex dialer to save contacts because it relies on having the stock contact app.

Please help.

EDIT:

Is there some way to do a super factory reset or something
I am running Android version 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there some way to do a super factory reset or something
I am running Android version 4.4.2

Flashing the stock ROM is basically that.
Idk how your phone was able to delete the dialer app as that requires root access. I don't think you were rooted, were you?

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes I was rooted, but I surely didn't delete my Dialer and Contacts oO. Even if I did, why wouldn't they come back after a factory reset? Can you please do me a huge favor and tell me how to flash my stock ROM. Please explain it to me like I am a 5 year old, because I am not the best with this stuff.

My phone was rooted in a desperate attempt to get MMS working. I read on some other forum about doing this and that and I rooted my hone with towelroot, which was very easy.

I have used android for years. I recently got rid of a Stratosphere I had with Verizon, got this Galaxy s4 with AT&T and it's totally no fun at all. Everything is a battle.

SO, yes, I would be ultra-appreciative if you or anyone here would take the time to explain to me how to flash my stock rom. That sounds like something that could brick this phone, so please be descriptive.

I would love some help here. I am so frustrated ;-(

I see this site:

http : // galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/

but I dont know what to do with this stuff

EDIT: While I was setting up the phone after the factory reset, after being prompted to enter my e-mail, I got the following error:

"unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped"

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
My apologies for the frantic posting.

Even if one of you guys can direct me somewhere that I can find this stock ROM and some VERY DETAILED and easy to understand instructions, I would be most appreciative.

I really dont wanna brick my phone, and I want the rom from somewhere very trusted. ;-)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My apologies for the frantic posting.

Even if one of you guys can direct me somewhere that I can find this stock ROM and some VERY DETAILED and easy to understand instructions, I would be most appreciative.

I really dont wanna brick my phone, and I want the rom from somewhere very trusted. ;-)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=300296
You can follow this guide from Golfdriver97 on how to flash the stock ROM. Samsungupdates and sammobile have stock ROMs, just search for your model number.

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I give up.

Thanks a ton man, I really appreciate it. I don't know wheere to get this stuff. I am on some site trying to download Odin, there are multiple versions, one is triggering my antivirus and the other just doesn;t work. The site is http: // odindownload.com

This stuff is WAY to technical fro me. Selling this phone and converting to apple. Although I like tweaking to a level, it's not worth all this headache. At least an iphone just goes. This is just too much for me.

I honestly appreciate your attempt to help me, though. Im gonna end up getting a virus messing around with this stuff. Oh well. I had a good three years with Android.

Thanks again,

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys trying to download this Odin is like navigating a virus minefield. Where is a safe place to get the exact version of Odin the guy is using in that thread linked to me earlier?

Like is there official places to get this stuff, or do I have to rely on these shady hacker-type sites out there?

How do I know which rom is safe? I got mine from ht tp:// galaxys4root.com/ galaxy-s4-stock- firmware/

^^Is that safe? The one Odin I found that didnt blitz my antivirus was not the same version in that guys tutorial.

This is so frustrating *GRRRRR*

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys trying to download this Odin is like navigating a virus minefield. Where is a safe place to get the exact version of Odin the guy is using in that thread linked to me earlier?

Like is there official places to get this stuff, or do I have to rely on these shady hacker-type sites out there?

How do I know which rom is safe? I got mine from ht tp:// galaxys4root.com/ galaxy-s4-stock- firmware/

^^Is that safe? The one Odin I found that didnt blitz my antivirus was not the same version in that guys tutorial.

This is so frustrating *GRRRRR*

That would be fine. You can also just google Odin 3.07 and the first result will be for XDA, which is another safe source.

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
That would be fine. You can also just google Odin 3.07 and the first result will be for XDA, which is another safe source.

Okies, UJ95x, I am in the part where my phone has the little green robot guy and it's saying downloading. According to the tutorial, this is gonna take "several minutes." I hope it works *crosses fingers*

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
*SHE THROWS CONFETTI*

UJ95x, Have my babies! It worked, it worked flawlessly. I am back to normal 100%, with my stock contacts and stock dialer. I didn't get a single error during initial setup.

Thank you so much for your patience and dealing with my craziness which was augmented because it's that *special* time of the month for me.

I am so happy. And thanks for not posting that rant where I said I was gonna go Apple xd

I am usually fairly decent with Andriods, but I never had to go this deep into one. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Same to the others who helped as well *hugs*

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
*SHE THROWS CONFETTI*

UJ95x, Have my babies! It worked, it worked flawlessly. I am back to normal 100%, with my stock contacts and stock dialer. I didn't get a single error during initial setup.

Thank you so much for your patience and dealing with my craziness which was augmented because it's that *special* time of the month for me.

I am so happy. And thanks for not posting that rant where I said I was gonna go Apple xd

I am usually fairly decent with Andriods, but I never had to go this deep into one. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Same to the others who helped as well *hugs*

No problem 😀
Glad it's all working now. See you around the forums.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
This was a good read lol :D at the beginning all seemed lost, but in the end you triumphed - Well done :) I tried to root my s4 a while back, ended spending more or less the full day trying to correct my mistakes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith