Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Resetting Account Password if You Switched ISPs

So I haven't been on AndroidCentral in about a year or so and since then I have switched from Comcast to Verizon and generally just use my GMAIL account. When I attempt to log in with google it says that I already have an account created so I thought, great I can just reset my password yet when I attempt to do that it sends the reset to my old comcast email. I mean there are only so many variations of passwords I use the problem comes in when there's capitalization involved. Is there anyway of resetting to regain my account since my gmail is obviously somehow still linked to it just not as the main email?

Global Posts
    31,291 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Resetting Account Password if You Switched ISPs

Global Posts
    20,068 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

If you remember your old password, just set up an account in your new phone using the old password. Any email client, regardless of device or ISP, can connect to any Gmail account using the same login and password.

As far as "main email", that's a conceptual thing. The address you consider to be your main email address is your main email address. All email still goes to the address it's sent to. (And you always get the new account before killing the old one, or use Gmail as your email address, so you can keep the same address no matter which phone or ISP you use.

If what you want is for the email sent to your Verizon account (which only Verizon will be sending you if you don't give the address to anyone) to end up in your Gmail account, call Verizon customer support and ask how to set forwarding on your Verizon email account. Then forward the account to your Gmail address.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    If you remember your old password, just set up an account in your new phone using the old password. Any email client, regardless of device or ISP, can connect to any Gmail account using the same login and password.

As far as "main email", that's a conceptual thing. The address you consider to be your main email address is your main email address. All email still goes to the address it's sent to. (And you always get the new account before killing the old one, or use Gmail as your email address, so you can keep the same address no matter which phone or ISP you use.

If what you want is for the email sent to your Verizon account (which only Verizon will be sending you if you don't give the address to anyone) to end up in your Gmail account, call Verizon customer support and ask how to set forwarding on your Verizon email account. Then forward the account to your Gmail address.
    Thanks Rubkat. I took Golfdrive97s advice and emailed mobilenations. There had been an issue merging servers between the old WebOS site and Android Central where I had two separate accounts with the same user name. The AC account user name was appended thus the user name I was attempting to use (missdeevi) was no longer valid. They were able to switch the WebOS name to an appended name and change back my AC name to the proper username. Such a great help Thank you for your response, both of you.

Global Posts
    20,068 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

My misunderstanding - I thought you were talking about your Gmail account, not your AC account. Yes, the admins here are pretty good about fixing things up for us users. Without their constant attention (I've run fora, so I know that it's a 27 hour a day, 10 days a week, 400 days a year thankless job. So thank you, admins, for all the work you're doing every day to keep the site running.) the site wouldn't last a week.