Delete all dialer history on S5

A

AC Question

When I got brand new S5, I dialed a few number by mistake. I've cleared everything I can find (call logs, cache data), but still when I start typing a number in the dialer, it brings up those mistake numbers as suggestions. How can I delete them? Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache in the dialer? Settings>Apps>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to phone>click on it>click clear cache.

Perhaps even the data in the dialer?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I got brand new S5, I dialed a few number by mistake. I've cleared everything I can find (call logs, cache data), but still when I start typing a number in the dialer, it brings up those mistake numbers as suggestions. How can I delete them? Thanks
I think you are referring to the numbers showing up in the keyboard prediction/dictionary, not the actual dialer itself. If this is the case, long press the predicted number and delete it. This, or the recommendation provided by Golfdriver to clear cache will surely work.

Let us know if you have further questions.

tonymoo

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I think you're right that it is the prediction but long pressing it doesn't do anything.

I can't follow the other instructions. When I bring up setting, I scroll down and hit applications, but I don't see phone. I do see Call but that doesn't seem to have anything relevant.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Application manager (in Settings)/Phone (or Call, if that's what the dialer app is called in your phone). There's a Clear Cache button there.

The long-press was just to clear the word in the keyboard's user dictionary. You clear it there if you've typed the number using the normal alpha-numeric keyboard (the one you use to type everything).