Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Post HTC one m8 Constant rebooting

So i got a phone from my friend(phone is from the middle-east and im located in europe) and everything is fine first time i turn on the phone but if i decide to shut it off and reboot, it starts a constant barrage of rebooting and only thing that helps is factory reset. I've tried to install updates but that just throws me in TWRP and if i try to install there i only get "update failed".

So im getting kinda desperate here since i have no idea what to do...
    This happends to be my first android so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: HTC one m8 Constant rebooting

Boot into TWRP and hit the wipe button. Select cache and dalvik cache and swipe to confirm. Then reboot your device.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Op here.
    Thanks for reply
    Umm doesent those caches get wiped when i do factory reset? Since just did a factory reset and got this thing working but if i reboot now same bootloop will appear. Or am i completely wrong here?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Morsous View Post
    Op here.
    Thanks for reply
    Umm doesent those caches get wiped when i do factory reset? Since just did a factory reset and got this thing working but if i reboot now same bootloop will appear. Or am i completely wrong here?
    Hmm, I guess I misread your original post. So you are still able to boot up your phone normally after the factory reset, but rebooting afterwards gets it stuck in a bootloop?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Yeah that was the case before but you know i just realised my phone is rooted(i guess it wasnt so brand new). So i read about similar problems with rooted m8 and whoopedy doo updating supersu seemed to have fixed that damn loop.

Now im just feeling plain stupid but thanks for your time.

Ps. now i need to figure out how to update my phone but i guess i'll find guides online.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Morsous View Post
    Yeah that was the case before but you know i just realised my phone is rooted(i guess it wasnt so brand new). So i read about similar problems with rooted m8 and whoopedy doo updating supersu seemed to have fixed that damn loop.

Now im just feeling plain stupid but thanks for your time.

Ps. now i need to figure out how to update my phone but i guess i'll find guides online.
    If it had TWRP it had to have been rooted. And you'll only be able to update by flashing newer ROMs, or unrooting your device.
    Glad you got it working again