Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Galaxy s3 battery draining fast

Hello, I have Samsung Galaxy s3 android 4.2.2 with ClockworkMod Recovery and battery life on it is just horrible. It began in 2013, so far I've tried cyanogenmod11 and paranoid android but nothing has changed. And if the percent falls to around 40% then the screen starts to shimmer and then turns off. And also couple of times I've seen yellow triangle with exclamation mark when I charge the phone while its turned off. Sorry for my bad english. Any ideas? Help?

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Galaxy s3 battery draining fast

What ROM are you currently on? Could you post a screenshot of your battery stats? It could be a few different things, so you don't necessarily have to change the ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Now I am on 4.2.2 samsung official touchwiz.

Galaxy s3 battery draining fast-screenshot_2014-08-20-21-39-59.pngGalaxy s3 battery draining fast-screenshot_2014-08-20-21-40-06.png

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by galacip23 View Post
    Now I am on 4.2.2 samsung official touchwiz.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-20-21-39-59.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	132927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-20-21-40-06.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	132928
    How long have you used the display? 1% for 30 minutes doesn't seem too bad. Use it for a day and then post them here again.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I fully charged it and like 30min later I used it for 2 minutes to do screenshots, but I will send screenshots after day of use

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Still, 1% for 30 minutes isn't unusual. That gives you about 50 hours of use (if you drain the battery completely, which you should never do - the longest battery life comes when you charge between 40% and 60% discharged). I've gotten 4 days by turning everything off and just letting the phone sit with the screen off (checking it every 12 hours or so, until the battery was almost dead, then checking every hour), but over 2 days with the radios on (it looks that way from the pictures) and a couple of apps running, on an S3 with the stock battery, isn't bad.

The real test is going from fully charged, using the phone, the GPS, wifi, etc. - a normal day's usage - and seeing how many hours you get. If the battery lasts 8 hours, that's what everyone is trying for. Being able to go a full work day without recharging. Many phones won't last that long without a larger battery or a recharge during the day.

Your battery isn't draining fast. It only drained 1% in 30 minutes. (The screen used 30% of that 1%, it didn't use 30% of the battery charge.)

BTW, the screen is about the single largest user of the battery, so the less time the screen is on, the longer the battery will last. I use Tasker to change screen off time, so normally my screen shuts off 15 seconds (or 30 seconds, sometimes) after the last use - unless I'm using an app that I want to sit and read, like a magazine or web page. Then that app triggers Tasker to change the screen off time to 5 or even 10 minutes. But as soon as I close that app, or go to another app, the screen off time goes back to really short. My pocket doesn't need the light of the screen to see what it's doing.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok I will do like this: I will fully charge the phone and then use it as long as I can with wifi, bluetooth etc on. Then I will send you a picture of stats. I think that I will get max 2h.