Music Starts Playing When I Plug in My Charger?????

lander06

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Frustrating thing that just started yesterday. I plug in my phone and music starts playing on my AT&T Note 3. I go to the notification shade and nothing is playing. I go to all music players, but nothing. I even go to processes to see if something is a miss..nothing. I even try to go through all processes and stop them with no luck.

It appears that its not media file, but a ringtone. As I turn down the volume on ringtone it changes the volume, not media volume.

It is rooted (Towelroot), Xposed modules. 4.4.2

rob419

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Same thing here! I'm really glad to hear that at least someone else is experiencing this. I mean, it sucks, but at least it's (possibly) not just something I screwed up.

So... My Note3 [sm-n900t; tmobile, usa] is rooted, stock kernal, effortless rom v7.1. I also have Xposed frameworks installed..
I had it on a Qi charger overnight, 70% to start, 5hrs later -> 45%. So I plugged it in (OEM usb 3.0) and ~immediately~ the annoying 'ringtone' begins. I don't think it's actually a ringtone, but a notification. That's the only volume setting that would shut it up. Also rebooting would stop the sound loop.
Then, after fully charged, my battery life for the day was worse than it's ever been. 10% drop after 5min!!!
lander06, you said you have xposed bridge? what modules? maybe if there's a common one....
steven O, what are the specs of your rig? (eg, model number, rooted?, additional tweaks?)

like i said: mine:
Note3, sm-n900t, rooted, effortless ROM v7.1
Xposed bridge
-like 20 diff modules. Gravity box kk, notify clean, hide nfc tag, hide gear manager noti, wireless charge noti adjust, xui, and some other crap I can't remember right now.

I'm currently trying a healthy charge. Or whatever. ran phone 'til auto power down at 0%, then keep off while charging to full. Was thinking the Qi charger did something to battery, but if other(s) have experienced this too....

Let me know if anything is found out......

coolpsi

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, you are not alone with this irritating problem! I have a Note 3 (SM-N9005) and since tuesday night, when I installed the latest Echoe Rom + AEL Kernel v.7.2, I'm having the same problem, everytime I connect the phone to the charger or to the pc, the Samsung ringtone strats playing. By then, the only way to stop it is by rebooting the phone! Like you I also have the Xposed frameworks installed. Do note that I am not having battery problems. During the day I will try to understand what is happening and I will give you some feedback.

coolpsi

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello again, as for myself, I've just done a factory reset, restore a NAND backup of the Echoe ROM and reinstaled the AEL kernel. The result: no more ringtone playing while connected to the charger or usb cable. Cheers.

lander06

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Doing some research..this has occurred far back as 2012. The threads are consistent where it plays the Over the Horizon ringtone. I too did a factory reset but re-installing apps from my Playstore account, the problem came back. So it has to be an app that is causing the problem.

The workaround I read was to mute/silence the phone before you connect the charger, then turn back up will prevent the music from planning.

coolpsi

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hummm, I am not shure that this problem could be related with a particular app, at least, for all the persons having this issue. Do note that I am saying this because today, I have the same apps installed in my phone then I had yesterday... :-/

Brent Anderson1

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hummm, I am not shure that this problem could be related with a particular app, at least, for all the persons having this issue. Do note that I am saying this because today, I have the same apps installed in my phone then I had yesterday... :-/

Same problem here. Can't plug phone in without it starting this music. HELP!

GALAXY S5 ACTIVE TOWEL ROOTED

coolpsi

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. Can't plug phone in without it starting this music. HELP!

GALAXY S5 ACTIVE TOWEL ROOTED

Hello Brent, as I shared yesterday, I solved this problem restoring a NAND backup. Do note that before restoring it I did a factory reset (wipe cache, dalvik cache etc.). For me it worked, I supose it could work for you as well. In the case you don't have a NAND backup, reflashing your current ROM could have the same effect... Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith