Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Just need pointing to the right direction.

Guys, I got myself a factory unlocked Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 , Its stock and has Kit Kat 4.4.2, this is my first android phone.

I HATE all the bloatware installed on this phone, it feels sluggish. what would be the best ROM to install on this phone? I've heard a lot about Cyanogenmod, but I heard the latest version is not stable, any other versions?

Also, I am a complete rookie when it comes to android, Ive done things to other phones before (installing custom BB Os to older blackberries, and jailbreaking every single iOS version there is) But I don't know where to start, flashing the phone and installing the custom rom are different things correct? could someone point me to some guides that show how to do this step by step? Any help will be appreciated

616 Posts
    Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Default Re: Just need pointing to the right direction.

Here you go: Rooting your Android | Android Central Just select which carrier your S4 is on.

And once you have root, you don't even necessarily have to switch to a different ROM, you can just delete or disable the bloat.