Help. Im new someone help me . My battery is getting hot when i charge it. HELP!!!

dmargareth

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,i have phone samsung galaxt ace 3 and i buyed it a month ago. My problem is what can i do? my battery is getting hot when im charging it. and when i charge it . it stop cause of battery temperature is hot. What can i do? please help. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's often a sign of a failing battery. Try a new battery. You can confirm problems with your current battery by removing it, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which confirms failure. But it's still worth trying a new battery even if it doesn't spin.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's never a good sign. Either your charger is deffective or your battery is no bueno. First try using a different charger, and if it doesn't work, take the phone back to either get a warranty replacement or have it fixed. HOT BATTERIES ARE DANGEROUS! Fire hazard.

It can also mean that something in the charging circuit of your phone is wrong and is causing a short inside. This, of course, is a fire hazard as well.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
That's never a good sign. Either your charger is deffective or your battery is no bueno. First try using a different charger, and if it doesn't work, take the phone back to either get a warranty replacement or have it fixed. HOT BATTERIES ARE DANGEROUS! Fire hazard.

It can also mean that something in the charging circuit of your phone is wrong and is causing a short inside. This, of course, is a fire hazard as well.

Paranoid much? a phone wont kill you at the worst it leaks and breaks the phone.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Someone has been killed while charging a phone. Granted they were using a third party charger.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Yea probably but that wasn,t a charger but some paper clip put in the socket and cable attached to it as the person lost the usb to wall thing to she used paper clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Paranoid much? a phone wont kill you at the worst it leaks and breaks the phone.
Never said it would kill you ;) But it is still a fire hazard, and the resulting fire if something else fuels it CAN. Let's play "Final Destination" here, shall we? You leave your faulty-phone charging on your night stand. It starts to heat up. You don't notice because you're asleep. Then it starts to shoot sparks because of the molten soldering iron causing shorts all over the place. The sparks ignite your bed sheets and the curtains on your window. By the time the phone finally explodes with that loud bang, you wake up with a fire all around you. Plus, the glass shattering from the battery bursting caused flying debris to cut into your skin. A second burst just as you wake up sends a flying shard right into your eye.

Gruesome enough? It's not paranoia, it's plain, common sense.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I disagree they cant :) the s3 was burned or something.

This can trigger what is known as a “thermal runaway” in which the battery overheats and can burst into flame. From : http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/01/economist-explains-19

lithium ion battery fires not only burn extremely hot (up to 1000 degrees fahrenheit), but can explode, sending chunks of burning metal across the room. From: http://www.techlicious.com/blog/the-risk-of-exploding-lithium-ion-batteries/

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Never said it would kill you ;) But it is still a fire hazard, and the resulting fire if something else fuels it CAN. Let's play "Final Destination" here, shall we? You leave your faulty-phone charging on your night stand. It starts to heat up. You don't notice because you're asleep. Then it starts to shoot sparks because of the molten soldering iron causing shorts all over the place. The sparks ignite your bed sheets and the curtains on your window. By the time the phone finally explodes with that loud bang, you wake up with a fire all around you. Plus, the glass shattering from the battery bursting caused flying debris to cut into your skin. A second burst just as you wake up sends a flying shard right into your eye.

Gruesome enough? It's not paranoia, it's plain, common sense.

Plain htc sense 6.0 :) nah but thats Very unlikely most of the time they swell up but not more. i got a swollen iphone 3gs from criagslist and i fixed and im tapatalk,n on it right now ;)

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
This can trigger what is known as a “thermal runaway” in which the battery overheats and can burst into flame. From : http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/01/economist-explains-19

lithium ion battery fires not only burn extremely hot (up to 1000 degrees fahrenheit), but can explode, sending chunks of burning metal across the room. From: http://www.techlicious.com/blog/the-risk-of-exploding-lithium-ion-batteries/

Yeah but thats if you burn it i burned a one before and it just burned nothing more ;) no ones gonna get hurt from a phone battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's a difference between being paranoid and being careful. Various laptops have also had issues with batteries overheating and melting or catching fire. If the phone's battery is severely overheating on a persistent basis, why take the risk? The battery is probably failing anyway. Get a new battery.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
There's a difference between being paranoid and being careful. Various laptops have also had issues with batteries overheating and melting or catching fire. If the phone's battery is severely overheating on a persistent basis, why take the risk? The battery is probably failing anyway. Get a new battery.

I know a person with a macbook that swell up Lol it looked like this. VZe0dL5.jpg
Not hes though :) but yea i got your point :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek