Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 shuts off randomly but still has battery life

I tried to find the same exact symptoms before I go buy a new battery, but haven't found exactly what my phone is doing. When I have been on it for ten minutes or so, it shuts off and gives the "shutting down" vibrate. If I try to restart immediately, it just gives a vibrate and shows zero battery. I plug it in and within minutes I am back to 50% or more battery and it will turn on again. This began suddenly and I hadn't downloaded any new apps recently. It does it several times a day and the only thing that will get the phone up and going again for a while is to plug it in to a power source for a little bit. I tried cleaning the battery connection area like the video on youtube, but that did not fix it. I am guessing my next step is a new battery but was hoping someone else might have experience with these particular symptoms. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Galaxy S3 shuts off randomly but still has battery life

It does sound like a battery problem, calling for a new replacement, although there's no harm in trying a Cache Partition wipe if you care to:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6205

Posted via Android Central App

I'm having same problem. Did a new battery resolve the issue?

Global Posts
    20,172 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

That "down to 0, back to 50% within minutes" says that the battery had a dendrite problem, and only a new battery will fix that (until they solve the problem of lithium batteries growing dendrites). But phones can shut off suddenly for other reasons, so just the fact that the phone shuts off by itself isn't a definite indication of a bad battery.