Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 shuts off randomly but still has battery life

I tried to find the same exact symptoms before I go buy a new battery, but haven't found exactly what my phone is doing. When I have been on it for ten minutes or so, it shuts off and gives the "shutting down" vibrate. If I try to restart immediately, it just gives a vibrate and shows zero battery. I plug it in and within minutes I am back to 50% or more battery and it will turn on again. This began suddenly and I hadn't downloaded any new apps recently. It does it several times a day and the only thing that will get the phone up and going again for a while is to plug it in to a power source for a little bit. I tried cleaning the battery connection area like the video on youtube, but that did not fix it. I am guessing my next step is a new battery but was hoping someone else might have experience with these particular symptoms. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Galaxy S3 shuts off randomly but still has battery life

It does sound like a battery problem, calling for a new replacement, although there's no harm in trying a Cache Partition wipe if you care to:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6205

Posted via Android Central App