Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question HTC One X vault virus?

I normally transfer files to and from my HTC One x via the USB cable. However, today when pluging in the USB cable, I see the phone in Windows Explorer but I am not able to open the directory 'Internal Storage'.
    I do see a directory 'Vault Timeline'. This opens with slider with left & right arrows...Clicking on them apparently has no effect.

I have not downloaded any Vault app or programme, I cannot see any app on my phone that seems to be related to a 'vault' app

I have lost all access to the directories on the phone... HELP please - Do I have a virus or trojan?

I presume that if I reset the phone, I will lose all my photos, videos and music! :-(

Regards
    Opto

Default Re: HTC One X vault virus?

Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if this might be related to the recent Windows Update problem, where they sent out erroneous patches. My Nexus 5 started being identified as an "Acer ADB Device." See my other thread about how I corrected the issue: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device