HTC One X vault virus?
I normally transfer files to and from my HTC One x via the USB cable. However, today when pluging in the USB cable, I see the phone in Windows Explorer but I am not able to open the directory 'Internal Storage'.
I do see a directory 'Vault Timeline'. This opens with slider with left & right arrows...Clicking on them apparently has no effect.
I have not downloaded any Vault app or programme, I cannot see any app on my phone that seems to be related to a 'vault' app
I have lost all access to the directories on the phone... HELP please - Do I have a virus or trojan?
I presume that if I reset the phone, I will lose all my photos, videos and music! :-(
- 08-20-2014, 06:46 PM #2
Re: HTC One X vault virus?
Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if this might be related to the recent Windows Update problem, where they sent out erroneous patches. My Nexus 5 started being identified as an "Acer ADB Device." See my other thread about how I corrected the issue: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device
- By cunni74 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 4Last Post: 08-23-2014, 11:36 AM
- By Phen0mable in forum HTC One M7Replies: 7Last Post: 08-22-2014, 04:19 AM
- By Stavros Amargianitakis in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 04:52 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2014, 11:15 AM
- By Filet O Fizz in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-20-2014, 10:49 AM