Turn off camera uploads?

A

AC Question

I have recently saved all my pictures onto my external hard drive and deleted the photos from my phone. Now alll my photos are still saved in a folder in my gallery called 'camera uploads' plus any new photos. How do I delete this folder from my phone and Google account? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The folder is probably from your Google+/Picasa cloud albums. If you're using the stock Gallery app, you can't delete a cloud album. You'd have to use the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon). Or you could go to your Google+ albums on the web and delete the album there. If you still see the folder in the Gallery app, you can either tap the Menu button and then Refresh, or you can go to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and tap Clear Cache/Clear Data (which only clears out the database, not the actual photos). Then when you open the Gallery again, it will take a little time to repopulate with the photos stored on the phone and the ones in your cloud albums, which shouldn't include the folder you deleted.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance