Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Samsung Galaxy s tab security issue

Hey. I've been looking for a fix for this but haven't found one. I was testing some security settings out like the fingerprint scanner and SD encryption but I must have accidentally hit something in those settings and now my device is locked on a password. I cannot change the settings. I can only turn on or off the SD encryption but either way it still asks for a password and won't let me change it. Also I have nothing checked in the administrators. Thanks for any help.

Global Posts
    8,704 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s tab security issue

When you set up the fingerprint unlock, it had to have asked you for a backup PIN for when it fails. Do you remember that password?
    The only way to change the settings for that would be to unlock the device, or if you used something like Android Device manager before, change it through there.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan