Samsung Galaxy s tab security issue
Hey. I've been looking for a fix for this but haven't found one. I was testing some security settings out like the fingerprint scanner and SD encryption but I must have accidentally hit something in those settings and now my device is locked on a password. I cannot change the settings. I can only turn on or off the SD encryption but either way it still asks for a password and won't let me change it. Also I have nothing checked in the administrators. Thanks for any help.
- 08-20-2014, 08:08 PM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy s tab security issue
When you set up the fingerprint unlock, it had to have asked you for a backup PIN for when it fails. Do you remember that password?
The only way to change the settings for that would be to unlock the device, or if you used something like Android Device manager before, change it through there."We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- By alien8er in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-19-2014, 03:23 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 09:32 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 08:39 PM
- By Amarjeet Singh3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 07:02 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-20-2014, 06:16 PM