Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kingmking

Default my phone screen is black

I dropped my Samsung galaxy s5 and when is picked it up the screen was black. I can feel it vibrate and the led notification still works. I can receive calls and texts but the phone screen doesn't turn on. Please help.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Default Re: my phone screen is black

Since you dropped it, it's definitely going to have to be replaced. The fall most likely damaged one of the internal components that lights up the display. Do you have insurance with your carrier or a third party?

I'm not sure if I have insurance or not. How much would it be to replace it? Or could I go to a cell phone repair store and get it fixed? If so how much would it cost?

Im not sure if I have insurance or not. How much would it be to replace it? Or could I go to a cell phone repair store and get something fixed? If so how much would that cost?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by daking3 View Post
    Im not sure if I have insurance or not. How much would it be to replace it? Or could I go to a cell phone repair store and get something fixed? If so how much would that cost?
    With insurance, there is usually a deductible. Depends on the carrier, but it's between $75-100 on most. You'd be paying a monthly fee for the insurance, so if you did have it you'd probably know.
    Taking it into to a phone repair shop would probably be a bit more since you weren't paying them for insurance previously.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

If I don't have insurance would I have to pay the full 600$ for a new unlocked phone? Or would it be cheaper at a phone repair shop?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by daking3 View Post
    If I don't have insurance would I have to pay the full 600$ for a new unlocked phone? Or would it be cheaper at a phone repair shop?
    You'd have to pay $600 for a new phone if you weren't signing a contract. Repairing would be way cheaper