Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I retrieve Notational Acceleration notes from a Kies 3 backup of Galaxy S3?

Here goes:

--Backed up wife's Galaxy S3 (T999) in March, along with all app data, using Kies 3

--She was using an app called Notational Acceleration to keep a large number of notes, but no cloud sync

--The T999 was replaced, due to water damage, with a Galaxy S3 LTE (T999L), then restored the Kies backup to that device

--The app did not load with the notes that should have been a part of the backup

--I figure the notes she made must be somewhere in the backup, so I found a file (com.kludgenics.android.notes-1.apk) that I thought might have them

--I tried opening that file on her T999L and a different T999 and got the same message, "There is a problem parsing the package."

How can I find these notes in the backup? Am I looking in the wrong place? What other folders could they be in? I've tried emailing the developer but get no answer.

I greatly appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Epiphiphied; 08-20-2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added more details that were mistakenly omitted

Global Posts
    20,948 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How do I retrieve Notational Acceleration notes from a Kies 3 backup of Galaxy S3?

Have you tried reloading the app and looking that way?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do I retrieve Notational Acceleration notes from a Kies 3 backup of Galaxy S3?

First, thank you so much for responding.

I added more details to the original post regarding what I did after receiving the T999L. By reloading the app do you mean just opening it up on the T999L? I have done that and the notes don't appear.

Thanks again!

Global Posts
    20,948 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphiphied View Post
    First, thank you so much for responding.

I added more details to the original post regarding what I did after receiving the T999L. By reloading the app do you mean just opening it up on the T999L? I have done that and the notes don't appear.

Thanks again!
    I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    8,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

You say you made the update. Is there any option in Kies that let's you connect the device to get the device to retrieve that data? Otherwise the backup option would be pretty useless...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan