Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Dope
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Talking HTC One (M8) problem

Anyone else have trouble pulling out the earphone plug from the socket with ease? It is like I have to yank the cord so that the plug can come out. Is this to prevent the cord from disconnecting easily? Also, when I use the earphones for my laptop, the audio is always distorted. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    8,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: HTC One (M8) problem

Welcome to AC
    Do the headphones sound distorted on your phone as well? Are they difficult to pull when using them in the laptop? How do other earphones sound on the laptop?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Just made an account right now for this website. The sound is perfect on my phone and it is not difficult to pull it out on my laptop. What bothers me is the fact that I somewhat have to pull out the cord a bit when connected to my laptop in order for the audio to sound clear; other earphones sound great

Global Posts
    8,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Hmm, so it's not specific to one device or the other. Are other earphones tough to pull out of the phone?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Yes. All the other phones that I have owned in the past never had this sort of resistance inside their sockets. Is it just the phone or is it just me?

Global Posts
    8,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by John Dope View Post
    Yes. All the other phones that I have owned in the past never had this sort of resistance inside their sockets. Is it just the phone or is it just me?
    Let me ask a couple of the M8 guys for you
    Edit: OK. They don't seem to be having the same problem...do you have any access to other M8s (maybe visit a store that has them on display)? You can test out your headphones on those to confirm whether or not it is exclusive to your device

Cool

Global Posts
    8,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by John Dope View Post
    Cool
    If it's just yours, you can probably get it replaced under the manufacturer warranty
    Let me know how it goes

Sounds good! Thank you for your help!
    Stay safe!
    UJ95x likes this.