Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Note 2 GT-N7105 | SOFT KEY (TOUCH) LIGHTS DOES NOT WORK | NEED YOUR VERY KIND HELP

Hellow my friends !

I'm using Note 2 GT-N7105 device and yesterday I noticed my soft key touch lights does not light up. I have tried following after going through most of the previous threads but NO luck.

1) Went to Settings>my device>touch key light settings and put it even to "always on" but does not work
    2) Checked whether the "power saving mode" is turned on, but it does not.
    3) Checked whether any other 3rd party power saving app is running. (I have installed 01 but it is turned OFF don't know if it has a hidden process running behind)

Before I find this trouble in my phone, I have done following two things which might have caused this issue to me.

1) Updated Android jelly bean to KitKat 4.2.2. which I downloaded from SAM-MOBILE (Nautical country's Version)
    2) Replaced the USB flex cable part as it started to malfunction, But I made sure all other pins are properly fitted to the main board before fitting the phone back.

Would very much appreciate all your advices in this regard.

Thank you so much,

Oshan.

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Note 2 GT-N7105 | SOFT KEY (TOUCH) LIGHTS DOES NOT WORK | NEED YOUR VERY KIND HELP

Hmm, you say you downloaded from sam mobile. Are you sure you downloaded the correct model number firmware? If it's the wrong one, it might be causing the problem.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Note 2 GT-N7105 | SOFT KEY (TOUCH) LIGHTS DOES NOT WORK | NEED YOUR VERY KIND HELP

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I'm pretty sure I have used the correct one, and this issue is only with the lights keys are working properly and even the haptic feedback is working fine.

This is the one which I used.

Model: GT-N7105
    Model name: GALAXY Note II LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: NEE
    PDA: N7105XXUFND3
    CSC: N7105NEEFND3
    MODEM: N7105XXUFND3

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gro_Max View Post
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I'm pretty sure I have used the correct one, and this issue is only with the lights keys are working properly and even the haptic feedback is working fine.

This is the one which I used.

Model: GT-N7105
    Model name: GALAXY Note II LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: NEE
    PDA: N7105XXUFND3
    CSC: N7105NEEFND3
    MODEM: N7105XXUFND3
    OK...if that matches exactly it's fine
    What have you tried other than checking for power saving options? Have you rebooted your device since the issue began?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    OK...if that matches exactly it's fine
    What have you tried other than checking for power saving options? Have you rebooted your device since the issue began?
    Yes My friend, I did rebooted few times and Even I cleared the factory cache as well which I found in a post here in this forum. but no luck

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Yes My friend, I did rebooted few times and Even I cleared the factory cache as well which I found in a post here in this forum. but no luck
    Hmm...you said haptic feedback was working. Do they at least do anything when you tap them?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hmm...you said haptic feedback was working. Do they at least do anything when you tap them?
    Yes, the buttons are working without any issues, ONLY the lights does not light up !!!!

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Yes, the buttons are working without any issues, ONLY the lights does not light up !!!!
    Hmm...Can't think of anything else. I have an app that disables the button lights, but since you have already checked for all of that, I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue.
    Have you dropped your device or damaged it at all recently?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Hmm...Can't think of anything else. I have an app that disables the button lights, but since you have already checked for all of that, I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue.
    Have you dropped your device or damaged it at all recently?
    Luckily the phone doesn't dropped even once, but as I replaced the USB flex cable, It might have done something to the ribbon at that time, anyway what was that app you said I could try it even

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Luckily the phone doesn't dropped even once, but as I replaced the USB flex cable, It might have done something to the ribbon at that time, anyway what was that app you said I could try it even
    This one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...butnbrightness

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

No brother this soft is not compatible with my device, So you think this could be a hardware issue right ? even though the buttons work perfectly ??
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Everything works fine except the light issue, So can it possibly be a hardware issue ?? Please help guys....

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Everything works fine except the light issue, So can it possibly be a hardware issue ?? Please help guys....
    Yeah. I think the app might have been root only, which is why it was not compatible.
    Short of a factory reset, I don't know what else you could try before confirming that it's a hardware issue. But it does seem that it is if you ask me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4