Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin Oates
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Nexus 5 warranty new or refurbished phone

I recently purchased my nexus 5 from google. It had a defect so I asked for a new phone. They offered me a refurbished phone. I asked for a new phone. Google told me they only had refurbished phones available and that the choice is theres.

My question is if Nexus only has refurbished phones as replacements, isn't their written policy misleading and deceptive? It's as if I'm playing a fishing carnival game where I can win either a huge stuffed animal or a small package of gummy bears. I'm thinking I can possibly win the huge stuffed bear for my girl, but behind the curtain, all they have are packages of gummy bears. They have one bear on display but have no intent of giving away a stuffed bear, but by claiming they may brings in customers who believe that Google will do the honorable thing.

Default Re: Nexus 5 warranty new or refurbished phone

So who won the bear?? when did you buy your Nexus phone and what's wrong with it? They won't just give you a replacement brand new phone unless the issue with the phone is covered in the warranty.
    Madd54 likes this.

The nexus warranty probably indicates that the warranty replacement might be refurbished

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The OP has a point though. He/she is entitled to the enjoyment of a new phone they recently purchased direct. I would be very peeved. I don't want someone elses previously failed device, unless it was Jennifer Aniston's. It could be close to a year old, and been in all sorts of places.
    No, they should give you a new one. Legally I don't know, but they have already acknowledged a fault - have they? (why K O was asking)

Are they just trying to placate you while not acknowledging a fault.
    OP's correct. It may even be a deliberate offloading of refurbished stock at new prices, with a faulty 'carrot' phone.
    I'll shut up now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro