Please give me some advices.. I Sold a phone on CL & the guy is trying to sue me

hellomorning89

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I bought my phone on CL & the guy who sold it to me that went to store & reported he lost it so it became a bad esn phone, & idk wat to do after it but after that i found a phone store that can fix the IMEI, so i spent around 100 buck to fix it & it became normal phone that u can use on any carrier...& i was using for years then i decided to sell it cuz i want to buy another phone. So i sold to this guy & before he bought it, he checked everything, put his sim in & it worked perfectly. But 2 days later, suddenly he texted me & said that phone couldn't connect to 4g LTE, it stucked to EDGE... & He also said that i lied cuz sold a bad esn phone..even he already tested everything be4 he bought it..he wanted his money back.& now he wants to sue me, he has my picture & my phone number & he said he gonna send it to the police. He keeps texting me... So can he sue me w/ my picture & my phone #? Or what can i do?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone on CL & the guy who sold it to me that went to store & reported he lost it so it became a bad esn phone, & idk wat to do after it but after that i found a phone store that can fix the IMEI, so i spent around 100 buck to fix it & it became normal phone that u can use on any carrier...& i was using for years then i decided to sell it cuz i want to buy another phone. So i sold to this guy & before he bought it, he checked everything, put his sim in & it worked perfectly. But 2 days later, suddenly he texted me & said that phone couldn't connect to 4g LTE, it stucked to EDGE... & He also said that i lied cuz sold a bad esn phone..even he already tested everything be4 he bought it..he wanted his money back.& now he wants to sue me, he has my picture & my phone number & he said he gonna send it to the police. He keeps texting me... So can he sue me w/ my picture & my phone #? Or what can i do?

did you advise him that the phone had issues a few years back and that you fixed it? also if I were you I would offer the buyer a refund, he sounds like the kinda guy who won't give up until he gets his refund. As for suing you, I don't know, but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

DirtyTrees

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Buyer beware.

Once you buy something from a third party the deal is done when you walk away. Sad but true. Doubt a phone years old is worth suing over. Text him back he is harassing you and you are going to the cops. Block his number and go on life.

Sounds like he's just one of those people who don't know a done deal is a done deal.. Wtf do you look like Walmart?

As for all these goody two shoes who will tell you to refund.. I'd like to see them real world follow what they preach. Its easy to sit back and type 'ohh no we don't condone this or that' rather than to actually do it. I hate people on forums who act like they are too good for actions of other people.

Posted via the Android Central App

DirtyTrees

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Buyer beware.

Deal is a deal. What do you look like Walmart? Once he walked away that finished the purchase and ended his right to complain. Tell him you want a refund on his money.. I got spent and you aren't happy with that. Block number and go on. Suing cost money.. A phone "years" old cost how much?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
4g LTE not connecting can simply be a phone issue.. Depending on what carrier.

For future reference changing IMEI number is an illegal move.