A problem with CPU clock

A

AC Question

Hi, at the beginning sorry for my english .

Two days ago i bought a new S3(GT9301I) with 4.4.2 KitKat , during using i was surprised of discharge the battery,
Then i installed a CpuSpy from GoogleMarket and it definitely solved my question A cpu frequency was using only with 998MHz(Power Safing) and DeepSleep mode's, no more options. I restarting my phone and it back to the 300Mhz when i dont use phone( only look at CpuSpy graph), but when i open Internet Data ( no Wi-Fi) it back to still 998Mhz :| , My question is this is smth wrong with Android or inside in phone ?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Could you give more details about the battery life? What made you think there was a problem?

(Your English is good☺.)

Edit. Oops, posted same moment.

Posted via Android Central App

h4z0r

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that my CPU its running only in one mode, when i watch Internet, youtube or when i dont do nothing.

Safe-Power ( 998Mhz)
UnSafe ( 1100 and 1400)

But in #2 screen You see the cpu is 10% usage when i dont do nothing include (OS Monitor).
All is working fine until i open Internet Data Transmision( NO Wi-Fi) Close dont help. Only Restart phone.
This is not normal i guess :(

5353cf95d6f1f05430f6fe882bf7b31f.jpg
State 300Mhz was record before use a Internet Data Transmission.
CPU usage
Screenshot_2014-08-21-15-38-06.png

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, I've never looked at CPU speeds in my own devices so I don't know whether your stats are normal. I was wondering more about the battery trouble. Hopefully a CPU genius will post some advice.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No more answers ? . Should i ask in Samsung Help forum or Call to them ? :(

I suggest you ignore the cpu stats (even uninstall the app) and look to see if you have a battery drain issue. You can post the regular battery usage screens and try the GSam app, it's very useful. We can have a look at them here or the S3 forums.
If your phone is only a few days old it could also be a syncing issue, and just temporary anyway.
Don't throw the baby out with the dishwater yet.
If you uncheck some sync settings like photos in your Google account and temporarily disable Google + you might see a difference. Start Gsam with a full battery, and take battery and GSam screen readings when it has dropped to 5 - 15%.
You may know this already.
I wouldn't give cpu readings much thought.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's fine. Mine can drop to about 93 - 87% very quickly, then settle down. Other days to 95 - 98% in 30 minutes.
Yours is a new battery so it hasn't had many cycles or been trained yet.

Don't panic! as we say in England.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now i see 98% deep sleep during 4 hours inused. and drop 2-3% of Battery it is good? .
98% sleep? No, that's not good, that's great. Even in deep sleep, the CPU is running and some hardware is using some battery power. The only way to get 100% deep sleep is to remove the battery.

I'd say the problem you're having is looking at too much data. The CPU will run at whatever frequency Android thinks it should run at, so looking at a graph of CPU frequency is seeing data for which you have no cause. Looking at the percentage your phone is in deep sleep is one way to tell if the phone is working efficiently, and yours is. (I know a lot of people who wish they could get 98% deep sleep on their phones.)

BTW, 2% of battery in 4 hours is about 50 hours of battery to full discharge (which you should never do). For an S3, that's about the best you're going to get with the stock battery. Even 3% is close to ideal.

h4z0r

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You can post the regular battery usage screens and try the GSam app, it's very useful. We can have a look at them here or the S3 forums.

There is my Stats

unnamed.png

Sorry for Polish language but its my main and i dont know how to change it in app, im think u will know what's going on :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is my Stats

View attachment 133314

Sorry for Polish language but its my main and i dont know how to change it in app, im think u will know what's going on :)

Thanks. Your work has only started though. Can you touch the 2 icons bottom left, and post those. Then go to Battery, post that page, touch the grey graph for the History screen, and the Screen bar for screen time on, and post those.
I think I'm forgetting one.
Hopefully @Rukbat can dissect them better than I.

8a5amury.jpg
qygaga2e.jpg

ahe4e4as.jpg
u9umajuh.jpg
9y2asude.jpg
u6aju5e5.jpg

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi. That seems very good to me. You didn't have wifi on today, and it spent some energy searching for a signal. Sometimes wifi can drain more, but gives you steadier data. I don't know if that balances out.
Anyway, a Note 3 has a 3200 mah battery, the S3 I think around 2000. 4-5 hours screen time is really good, as is the battery lasting a long day.
I am sure you will have busier days. The graph drops along with screen usage and wake time.
I don't think there is anything strange happening there, especially as it's a new phone. In fact it looks extremely good. Of course it's just one day. If the Android OS sometimes is running higher than the screen, there's usually something that needs correcting.

That cpu app, like Antutu, is more for show.

But if you want to amuse yourself, run Antutu and compare with other S3's. The phone needs to be running light, and don't take it too seriously.

h4z0r

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Big thanks for you, I just wanna know more only what happend with this CPU frequency.. . I will be glad if any developer take a look for it. I just wanna know why is that happend ( maybe app bug cuz of KitKat ? ).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital