Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung galaxy3 issue

Hi, need help figuring out why my straight talk samsung galaxy s3 phone is not able to make or receive calls? It will send and receive texts but not calls. This is how we got to here with it. Forgot to refill minutes and the phone was shut off, maybe a few hours. Made the payment it was reactivated, but couldn't make or receive calls. Talked to straight talk customer service who said it should be working, so we went through 7 hours of customer service and after doing a factory reset and losing all contacts and google account still had the same problem, only this time the wifi isn't connecting. It says that our linksys is saved and secured, but continually scans and says obtaining IP address. I am not a geek with phone technology so i am frustrated beyond reason, this phone is my bf's business phone and he has been unable to reach customers or parts houses and going on day 2 of no phone is financially hurting him. Does anyone out there know how to help us. until yesterday he never had an issue or problem with his phone. And if the customer servie rep would have just told us that it might take an hour for the phone to be reactivated since it was shut off we might not be in this mess. Straight talk customer service said today that it would be another 72 hours before they call back with a network tech, my bf can't go another 72 hours without his phone. Thank you in advance.
    frustrated gf

Global Posts
    9,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: samsung galaxy3 issue

Did you resolve the problem? Sounds like you might have needed to let it sit for a day or so to allow the payment to be posted towards the account.

Let us know how it went.

Default Re: samsung galaxy3 issue

Hi sunnygrl44. We apologize for the trouble. To further assist you, please check your inbox for a private message. Thanks.

Straight Talk Wireless