Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation What is a better buy right now?

Hey, i was thinking what would a better buy at this moment Samsung Galaxy S3 or Sony Xperia Z?I dont use my phone for games and stuff like that, i just need a phone with nice screen and most important thing is that it is fast and doesnt lag while getting in messaging, calling and other system apps.Thanks, looking forward for a fast response!

Default Re: What is a better buy right now?

I wouldn't pick either I would go Moto X still the best smart phone if what you need is a smooth/fast phone and not a supercomputer you want to hack the pentagon with.
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Another vote for the Moto X.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

A Moto G with the Moto X screen. Oh and the extra ram, in fact all the Moto X internals, and the body shell.
    OK - a Moto X.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    UJ95x likes this.

Well seeing as the OP didn't ask about the Moto X and was only asking about the SGS3 and Xperia Z, I'll actually help the OP out:

OP, I'd personally go with the Xperia Z. It has a slightly larger screen (5" vs 4.8") at 1080p resolution (compared to the 720p resolution of the SGS3). The Xperia Z I believe has the better camera and also faster processor, but more importantly, cleaner UI which leads to a faster performing phone. The Galaxy S3 certainly isn't the fastest performing phone, and when I used to own it, it would consistently lag and stutter across the UI and in apps. The Xperia Z is a faster device to use, but also had stutter issues here and there.

On the build of the phone, the Xperia Z was the beginning of Sony's latest design language for their devices. It has a glass back and front (so you may want to be a little careful) with I think plastic sides. The Galaxy S3 is plastic all around and not water proof.

UI of the phone is a more personal choice, with the SGS3 having more brighter/slightly cartooney icons/design and the Xperia Z having a more focused, cleaner UI.

A lot of it is just personal opinion (as far as UI and design and all that), but on specs alone, the Xperia Z is the newer, and more powerful device. I also think it is the better device.

Your best bet would be to try both at a store and see which one you like more.

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Well seeing as the OP didn't ask about the Moto X and was only asking about the SGS3 and Xperia Z, I'll actually help the OP out:

OP, I'd personally go with the Xperia Z. It has a slightly larger screen (5" vs 4.8") at 1080p resolution (compared to the 720p resolution of the SGS3). The Xperia Z I believe has the better camera and also faster processor, but more importantly, cleaner UI which leads to a faster performing phone. The Galaxy S3 certainly isn't the fastest performing phone, and when I used to own it, it would consistently lag and stutter across the UI and in apps. The Xperia Z is a faster device to use, but also had stutter issues here and there.

On the build of the phone, the Xperia Z was the beginning of Sony's latest design language for their devices. It has a glass back and front (so you may want to be a little careful) with I think plastic sides. The Galaxy S3 is plastic all around and not water proof.

UI of the phone is a more personal choice, with the SGS3 having more brighter/slightly cartooney icons/design and the Xperia Z having a more focused, cleaner UI.

A lot of it is just personal opinion (as far as UI and design and all that), but on specs alone, the Xperia Z is the newer, and more powerful device. I also think it is the better device.

Your best bet would be to try both at a store and see which one you like more.
    Yes, we didn't directly answer the question, but we offered alternate options which would be better choices. Now, I'm not sure where OP is. In some countries the phone selection is limited, in which case I'd agree that the Z is a better choice. If he does have more available to him, I'd consider something other than those two. They are older devices which won't be seeing much more support in terms of updates. The Nexus 5 is another great choice.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan