Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC One no longer recognized by my PC

I have an HTC PN072 sprint based phone and have been using Sync Manager to sync to PC with outlook and all the other fun stuff successfully. However, it would appear that after some automatic driver updates pulled down by HTC driver at the end of July, whenever I plug my phone in, Sync manager gives me a 30003 error saying dont unplug your phone while its syncing. Of course I am not uplugging my phone during that time, but it thinks I am. I have uninstalled HTC Sync manager and HTC Driver and reinstalled and it only slightly improved in that it recognized my phone as HTC for 1 day, then back to unknown device the next. Sometimes Windows 7 sees my phone as HTC and other times it sees it as Unknown device. I am able to manage my pictures through it while attached sometimes, and my Local Sync app works fine through the cable (which is the original cable that came with phone). I have seen different problems at different times of plugging the phone in. The latest is that it ends up being an unknown device and windows pops up a bubble saying the unknown USB devices has malfunctioned. Anyone else having this problem, and ideas to remedy it?? Thanks

Default Re: HTC One no longer recognized by my PC

Welcome to Android Central! Did this possibly start after the August slew of Windows Updates? They sent some bad updates this time that caused problems with mobile device drivers.

That is VERY possible. I was out of town for over a week at beginning of Aug. And didnt try to sync until after that. I only mentioned the drivers because 2 of the drivers associated to my HTC One on the PC were updated at the end of July. So I was making that assumption. But yes, I also got a bunch of updates from WIndows as well a couple weeks ago. Are others having problems as well? If so, whats the word on any patches? Thank you for the reply!

Here's how I solved my problem: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device

Thank you very much for the welcome, and the advice. Unfortunately, that did not appear to be my case. I found no ACER update in my list of updates anywhere. Even though I tried the steps required in the post you had given me to try, I still get the "USB Device not recognized" balloon when I plug my phone in. I have also tried to manually download the drivers. HTC has a driver download program which also seems to do that for me. Regardless. Nothing I have done to this point seems to have worked. I am at a loss. I am sure it is probably something simple that I am missing. I just dont know what. I was successful in getting the newest driver for Andriod USB Devices: My HTC: updated 8/26/14. But even that is giving me a general error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Problem solved. Disable and then re-enable your USB Hub in device manager on your PC.

Craig, thanks man, I wish it were that simple for me. I have done that multiple times. I have 3 USB HUB instances and 3 USB Root Hub instances and a few others. But I have disabled/enabled, even uninstalled, but no matter what I do, when I plug my phone back in via USB, It grabs the Unknown Device driver and installs it. I have something else going on and hoping others are experiencing what I am, to help. This has been going on a very long time and I still have found no answers. Thanks for the assistance.

Any other thoughts team??

FIXED!!!!! Apparently in the late July updates, there must have been something in them that required USB3.0 ports. I had been using a 2.0 port since owning the phone, so no reason to believe it was a USB Port problem. But once I moved it over to a 3.0 port on the back of the PC, everything worked fine. Crazy. I figured it was something simple, but did not factor in something quite that simple. Thanks to all who responded!