Homescreen locked w/Talkback on

A

AC Question

I turned Talkback on, and was using it fine, until I played w/bluetooth and the Teclados. Then the homescreen locked. I now have the error message on my screen: "unfortunately, Hmescreen has stopped. ok" Now each time I tap on "ok", and then double tap, it goes away for a second, and then comes right back on. There is no time to select another button. I'm stuck on this never going away message. I can't check text or use any apps. If the phone rings, I can answer it, and then it goes back to the error mesage. Help!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try restarting the phone - hold the power button down until it restarts. If that doesn't work, and you can remove the battery, remove the battery, hold the power button down for a few seconds, wait about 5 minutes, hold the power button down for a few seconds again (the last 3 steps make sure that all the hardware in the phone gets turned off, so it starts from a known state), then put the battery back in and turn the phone on.

If that doesn't work, or if you can't remove the battery, it may be time for a visit to the repair shop.