Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 2 power button failure after screen replacement

So I replaced a cracked screen on my galaxy note 2 and that went alright but now my phone won't turn on. I noticed the power button no longer has any bounce/click to it anymore. I've been looking around the internet to see if im missing a part but can't see any parts listed that aren't the part all the way inside the phone, not on the outer cover. wishing I hadn't started taking the inside out of the phone during the replacement but it's done now. When I charge the phone the charging screen comes on, so there's that.... Anyone know wth happened?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 power button failure after screen replacement

So apparently when replacing the screen I knocked off the gold piece that activates the power. I partially opened the phone up while the battery and sim card etc was attached and used a piece of metal to make the two silver pieces touch to turn the phone on but that had the power button part hanging out of the phone. In all this, I wound up disconnecting the piece inside that makes the touchscreen work so i had to use my pen half the time to scroll on the screen, and since I had the power button piece hanging out of the phone, it wound up breaking off, and when the phone froze up, I had to order the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 i605 L900 Power Button Key Vibrating Motor Vibrate Flex off ebay. Now i'm without a phone until the piece gets here and I can install it. I should have never opened my phone up when replacing the screen. I thought it would be easier because you can see the sides, but obviously I was dead wrong.

Global Posts
    20,067 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 power button failure after screen replacement

My normal response to a question about repairing the insides of a phone is "don't". It's usually cheaper to pay to have it fixed. You're one person who knows why. (Even replacing the screen without taking the phone apart has potential problems, like breaking a connector when you unplug or replug the cable.)